Product Focus: Sauter TD-GOLD Ultrasonic Gold Tester
In this article we will be taking a closer look at the TD-GOLD ultrasonic gold tester manufactured by Sauter.
About the Manufacturer:
Sauter are a long established company now owned by leading German weighing scale manufacturer Kern. Founded in 1844, Kern is considered one of Europe’s most popular weighing scale manufacturing companies specialising in high-quality analytical and precision balances.
The Sauter branch of the company specialises in producing premium-quality force gauges, hardness testers and measurement meters for a wide range of industries.
Sauter’s TD-GOLD ultrasonic gold tester is a highly-versatile device typically used by jewellers and pawn brokers for determining the value of gold samples, bars and coins. Typical applications include:
- Gold merchants – Merchants that buy and sell gold by weight may also use gold testers in order to determine gold purity of the sample. By using an ultrasonic gold testing device, the user can distinguish the amount of gold from the composite of other metals with the object.
- Banks – Banks may require gold testers for determining forged coins and gold bars. Ultrasonic gold testers use ultrasonic waves to penetrate the sample and produce a measurement based on the composition of the sample.
- Jewellers – professional jewellers will often require tools such as weighing scales, refractometers, magnifiers, diamond and gold testers in order to accurately determine the quality and value of jewels and precious metals. Whilst these devices are mainly used for reference, trade approved jewellery scales can be used in order to buy and sell gold as well as other precious stones and metals by weight.
- 24 Month Warranty.
- External sensor for difficult-to-access measurements.
- Data interface RS-232 included.
- Base plate for adjustment included.
- Delivered in a hard carrying case.
- Selectable measuring units: mm, inch.
- Measuring range: 1.2 - 225mm.
- Precision: 0.5% of [Max] + 0.1mm.
- Frequency: 5 MHz.
- Overall dimensions: 120 mm x 62 mm x 28 mm.
- Sensor dimensions: 6 mm Ø.
- Material: ABS plastic.
- Supply voltage: 4 x 1.5Vdc AAA Batteries.
Why buy this gold tester?
- This gold tester comes complete with an external sensor for conducting difficult to reach measurements.
- Constructed from durable ABS plastic housing for increased shelf-life over other gold tester models.
- Simple to operate.
- Ultrasonic measurement eliminates destructive testing of samples.
- Competitively priced when compared with other professional-grade gold tester products.
- Includes a hard carrying case within the price.
- 2 year warranty.
Whilst cheaper gold testers may be available on the market, The TD-GOLD is ideal for users that require a professional-level gold measurement device. Sauter have an unrivalled reputation for proving the best gold testers and measurement devices available that have been tried and tested to industry standards. The TD-GOLD is built to withstand rigorous daily use.
Looking to purchase this product? Please visit the Sauter TD-GOLD ultrasonic gold tester product page.