What are ultrasonic thickness testing gauges used for?
Ultrasonic thickness gauges can be used to measure the optimum thickness of objects when compared to a pre-defined value whilst using ultrasonic technology to prevent damage to the material during testing.Industries that require ultrasonic thickness testing devices include:
- Glass product manufacturers - Used to test the thickness of glass vessels and panes.
- Building, Architecture and Construction - Frequently used to test the thickness of building materials and walls during construction including glass window panes, brick, plaster and metal frames.
- Archaeology - Ideal for materials analysis of excavated ceramic pots and other materials.
- Automotive - ultrasonic testing gauges can be used by car auto repair and body shops to verify the thickness of car body work and accidental damage.
- Manufacturing - Ultrasonic thickness measuring devices are used in many areas of the manufacturing industry for ensuring plastic, ceramic, metals and other products are of optimum quality and meet safety guidelines.
- Jewellers - Jewellers can use ultrasonic gold testers in order to test the gold coins and bars. By using ultrasonic testing equipment, jewellers can detect whether a gold item contains a core of different material.