Shipping and Returns
The Measurement Shop UK is a subsidary company of Inscale Scales Ltd.
Delivery times will only apply when we have the requested products in stock. The costs shown are per delivery address and per day delivered to that address. Remember that our couriers work throughout the day so your order may arrive at any time between 9am and 5.30pm.
Standard delivery is 1-2 working days, for orders placed by 3pm. (subject to stock availability)
We deliver to all postal areas in the UK, including England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
We also deliver all across the world. Shipping charges are calculated at the point of order and are dependent on the volumetric weight of the product purchased and the destination. Delivery charges shown on the website do not apply to destinations outside the UK.
We are happy to deliver all or part of your order to addresses other than your own. You have the option to tell us where you want to send the items when confirming your order on the order form.
Inscale deliveries will usually be made on Mondays to Fridays (unless a Saturday pre-noon delivery has been requested) between 9am and 5pm. We realise that occasionally we may try to deliver an order and you (or the intended recipient) may not be available. Each time an attempt is made, our courier will leave a card at the delivery address confirming that they have attempted delivery. This card contains a contact number so you can speak directly to the couriers and agree a mutually convenient delivery time or alternatively, to arrange for you to collect the order directly from their depot. After three failed delivery attempts, your items will be returned to our warehouse. Additional charges will be applied if we have to arrange delivery again after the initial delivery failed, this includes changes to address and no one available to receive goods.
Changing or cancelling your order
If you wish to change or cancel an order that has not been dispatched yet then please contact us on 0800 612 9007 anytime between 8.30am and 5pm. It would be helpful if you could have the following details to hand:
1) Customer name.
2) Order number.
3) Date of the order.
If you wish to return goods to us because you have 'changed your mind' or 'no longer required' and in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations you must:
- Inform us within 14 calendar days in writing giving your details, goods being returned and reason for return. Informing us by Telephone is not classed as 'in writing'.
- Return the goods to us within 14 days after the notification at your cost. Return costs are the responsibility of the buyer and we will not refund this cost.
- Ensure goods have the returns label on the package.
- Issue a returns number label with clear packaging guidelines for you to return the goods.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the goods.
- All returns will be inspected and we will make reductions for unreasonable use that has diminished the value of the goods, this includes packaging that is damaged or not received.
For goods being returned from a business then our terms and conditions apply without exception:
- All goods must be returned to us within 5 working days of receipt.
- Up to 25% restocking fee's will be applied if return is 'not required' or 'changed mind'.
- All returned goods will be inspected and we will charge for any unreasonable use, damage or missing parts. This is in addition to any restocking fees.
- If goods are being exchanged then no stocking fee is charged as long as replacement goods are not lower in value and goods are returned in saleable condition.
- Calibration Weights can not be returned for any reason.
If your item has developed a fault, please do not just return item or do a 'not as described' complaint on E-Bay, 70% of problems can be resolved by telephone without the goods needing to be returned. If the item has to come back then please follow this guide:
- In line with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 if the goods develop a fault within 30 days of receipt then you are entitled to a full refund or a repair or replacement, please note no refund will be given until goods are received back and inspected. If fault is found to not be a manufacturing defect then a refund will not be issued and we will charge for any repairs.
- After the first 30 days we will repair or replace any product returned to us, you can not get a refund after the first 30 days.
- All items to be returned must have a RMA number issued by us, call 0800 612 9007 to obtain a returns number. Any goods returned to us without an RMA can be refused.
- Please inform us within 5 working days if your goods are faulty or damaged on receipt, We will arrange for a replacement to be sent once we have collected the faulty item.
- After this period the goods are deemed as used, even if you say 'I’ve only just unpacked it', and if after discussing with our engineers the item needs to be returned you must obtain a RMA number and return the goods to us for repair or replacement. All items must be within warranty period for the repairs to be free of charge, any fault found to be not a manufacturing defect will be subject to repair costs. Return shipping costs will be responsibility of the customer.
- We hope you will be highly satisfied with any product purchased from us but if you need to return an item to us then we aim to make it as quick and convenient as possible.
We will charge an inspection fee of at least £25.00 plus VAT and return carriage on any item returned to us that does not have a fault and is being returned to buyer. We are not responsible for operator errors or failure to read the manual or understand how the product works. Any damage caused by your carrier returning the goods or inadequate packaging is also your responsibility and we will charge for repairs.
If an item is being returned for credit/repair/replacement then you MUST first call to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number.
No returns will be accepted by our warehouse without a Returns Authorisation Number.
Please phone: 0800 612 9007 to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number for your item.
We offer a complete service and calibration on our products, please call us on 0800 612 9007 for pricing, all goods being sent to us for recalibration must have a RMA number please ensure you obtain one before sending goods.