Product Focus: Reed SW700 Heat Stress Stopwatch
In this article we will be covering the SW700 heat stress stopwatch manufactured by Reed.
About the manufacturer:
Reed have been a leading Canadian supplier of high-quality measuring instruments and testing equipment since 2004. Whilst the company aims to produce products that cater to a wide variety of trade professionals including electricians, architects, carpenters and builders; many of Reed's products are used by professionals and hobbyists alike. Examples of products from Reed include: Thermometers, anemometers, clamp meters and sound measurement devices.
Reed's SW700 is a sleek, multi-functional device that measures temperature, humidity and calculates heat index and dew point. This premium stopwatch is solar powered, water-resistant (IPX4), features a 10-hour countdown timer, and built-in calendar that displays day, month and date. SW700 models combine air temperature and relative humidity measurement in an attempt to determine the human-perceived equivalent temperature.
- Fitness coaches – Fitness coaches may use the SW700 to monitor heat levels of athletes during training.
- Athletes – Athletes undergo rigorous training exercises that cause fluctuations in heat and body temperature. The SW700 can monitor the wearer's temperature to prevent heat sickness.
- Gym users - Whilst designed for professional athletes, the SW700 stopwatch can be used recreationally by gym goers to prevent heat sickness caused by over-exercising.
- Measures temperature and humidity, calculates heat index and dew point.
- Stopwatch/chronograph mode with 1/100 second resolution.
- Calendar mode displays day, month and date.
- 99 lap counter with 30.
- lap/split memory.
- Fastest/Slowest/Average lap recall.
- 10 hours countdown timer with audible beeper warning for the last 5 seconds.
- Programmable alarm.
- 12 or 24 hour clock operation.
- 48" nylon lanyard.
- Backlit LCD display.
- Silent operation option.
- Battery and solar powered.
- Dimensions: 2.7 x 3.6 x 1.0" (68 x 92 x 23 mm).
- Accuracy: ±3 seconds/day.
- Resolution: 0.1°F/°C.
- Temperature range: Temperature: 23 to 122°F (-5 to 50°C) Heat Index: 70 to 122°F (22 to 50°C).
- Approvals: CE, IPX4.
- Battery: CR2032 battery or Solar Panel.
Why buy this stopwatch?
- The SW700 is solar powered and does not require battery option.
- Constructed from durable materials for increased shelf life over other stopwatch models.
- Highly accurate and able to calculate lap recall, lap split and lap counts.
- Built-in heat index and monitoring for on-the-spot heat stress monitoring.
- IPX4 waterproof and CE approvals.
This digital stopwatch is competitively priced and comes with a wide variety of features that make it perfect for use by athletes undergoing rigorous training.
Looking to purchase this product? Please visit the Reed SW700 heat stress stopwatch page.