The Measurement Shop's range of R6200 WBGT Heat Stress Meters manufactured by Reed Instruments.
This heat stress meter measures temperature, humidity, and direct or radiant sunlight using Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT). With this information, the R6200 can determine an accurate temperature based on human exposure.
The R6200 is OSHA recommended and also features a user-adjustable WBGT audible alarm and the ability to measure heat index, dew point and barometric pressure.
This heat stress meter is frequently used in the sports industry for monitoring the temperature of gyms and indoor leisure centers, as well as by other professionals for monitoring seasonal conditions to ensure safe working environments in schools and offices.
- Product Features
- Measures ambient temperature, humidity, wet bulb temperature, black globe temperature, WBGT (wet bulb global temperature), heat stress index, dew point and pressure. Heat Stress Index measures how hot it feels when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
- Black Globe Temperature (GT) monitors the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface.
- In/Out function displays the WBGT value with or without direct sun exposure.
- Multi-line backlit LCD display simultaneously displays 4 measurements.
- Maximum, Minimum, Average and Data Hold functions.
- Internal memory stores up to 99 measurements.
- User selectable unit of measure (°F or °C).
- User adjustable WBGT threshold alarm (audible).
- Tripod mount for long-term monitoring.
- Low battery indicator and auto shut off.
- Product Specification
Manufacturer Reed Instruments Display LCD Temperature Accuracy Air Temperature: ±1.1°F (±0.6°C) Black Globe: ±0.6°C (20~50°C), other ±1°C WBGT (Indoor): ±2.7°F (±1.5°C) WBGT (Outdoor): ±3.6°F (±2°C) Temperature Range Air Temperature: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C) Black Globe: 32 to 176°F (0 to 80°C) WBGT (Indoor): 59 to 138.2°F (15 to 59°C) WBGT (Outdoor): 59 to 132.8°F (15 to 56°C)Ω Temperature Resolution 0.1°F/°C Operating Temperature 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C) Humidity Accuracy 10% to 70% RH: ±3% Rest of Range: ±5% Humidity Range 0 to 99.9% RH Humidity Resolution 0.1% RH Battery Supply 4 x AAA Batteries, Optional AC Adapter Overall Dimensions w x d x h Instrument: 6.4 x 2.3 x 1.3" (162 x 58 x 32 mm) Black Brass Ball Diameter: 2.0" (50 mm) Approvals CE, RoHS Storage Temperature -4 to 122°F (-20 to 50°C